Soft Pie Crust
1 small package of frozen spinach
2 T Best Mayonaise
3 dashes of Worcheshire sauce
2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
5-6 Large, red tomatoes (cut in quarters)
20 Ritz crackers (crushed)
(other optional ingredients: mushrooms, onions, bacon)
1. Bake pie crust at 350 for 15 minutes (not fully baked, but to a very light brown crisp)
2. Cook frozen spinach 2-3 minutes and drain until all extra juices are gone. I dry it with a paper towel to take away excess liquid.
3. In a small mixing bowl, mix together: Mayonnaise, 1 3/4 cup of cheese, S&P, and Worcheshire sauce.
4. Layer half of the frozen spinach on the bottom of the lightly cooked pie crust.
5. Next layer with 1/3 of the cut tomatoes.
6. Next layer with 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
7. Repeat steps 4,5 and 6.
8. Top tomato pie with crushed Ritz cracker. Sprinkle remaining cheese mixture. Add remaining cut tomatoes around the edge.
9. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and pie crust is brown.
10. Cool and serve. Serves about 5 ppl. Is great with a light green salad, from the garden of course!